Friday, June 15, 2012

The Island of Misfit Crafts

Pin It So, do you guys remember me telling you I was going to be featured on Life Half Crunched? They featured one of my posts, Fun With Magnets - Magnet Board Tutorial, very exciting, especially since that was a crafting disaster of Titanic-esque proportions.

Even more unexpected, I received the following message from Renee, one of the lovely ladies who founded LHC:
 "(the owner of Keleigh Belle Creations)...is going to feature your LHC guest post on the Crafters United page. That's a networking trifecta ladies. ♥"

What? How is that possible? This was a crappy little craft that didn't even turn out. Why would respectable crafters, with actual websites, be interested in my crafting fail?


I am guessing that for every beautiful object displayed on a website or Etsy page, there is another, slightly wonky craft displayed on that island of misfit crafts, Regretsy:  Hot glue oozing out of the sides, glitter haphazardly thrown at it and a silkscreened picture of Robert Pattinson/Taylor Lautner framed in LED lights.

I can't take credit for this disaster. This was featured on Regretsy. Sadly, the original Etsy post is no longer available.
I guess every crafter enjoys laughing/commiserating at the "craft that got away". That works for me. My lack of crafting ability, when coupled with my awful taste and inability to follow instructions, should provide MOUNTAINS of material:)


So are you ready to hear my even MORE exciting news?


LHC is going to be featuring me REGULARLY!!! That's right, I am getting my own mini blog on the network. It will feature all original material geared towards the crafty/frugal side of my personality, which is fantastic and will allow me to get back to using THIS blog for the purpose for which it was created.


Making you all jealous of my gorgeous kids and amazing parenting skills. (Did I just say that with a straight face?)

Oh yeah, and shamelessly self promoting my book. Did I mention I'm writing a book? (Ok, I'll shut up now.)

Anyway, the launch date for my mini blog, MamaZinga's Melting Pot, is set for Monday June 18, 2012. Look for it on Life Half Crunched. Have yourselves a great weekend:)

Thanks for reading,
MamaZinga 

P.S. If anyone can tell me how to make those annoying white squares go away I am all ears:)
Pin It

No comments: